Anyone ever built a UDS?

43148688.jpg

Anyone know where I can find a 55 gal metal drum in the Houston area? I wanna try to build an UDS.

Anyone know where I can find a 55 gal metal drum in the Houston area? I wanna try to build an UDS.

Check craigslist in your area. Some people have luck finding them from restaurants. You can order online from uline and the carry company, but they can get expensive that way. Don't ask me about ordering one from grainger. I'll never do any kind of business with them again.

took me a while to find mine. I scoured craigs list for a long time. I ended up at a metal recycler/scrap yard and found a big pile of them for $7 a piece in really good shape. They were unlined and food grade to boot. Keep looking you'll find something.

Ppphhhhttttt thier so 2013...the COS is the yuppy thing now.

You haven't really lived until you build a UDS !!!! Get to work ASAP ! Shouldn't be any problem finding a drum in Houston. Just Google it.

Well I see we are off to another 800 page UDS thread.!!! :wacko::twitch::whoo::pop2::sleep::suspicious::smash::deadhorse::yield:

Sorry I have not responded today. Working on a project here at home. Several months ago we go rid of our hot tub, but my wife had a great idea to saving the exterior casing (which is a nice redwood color) and use it to make a bbq table/storage area of sorts. Been busy all day with it and is kind of coming together. She also had the idea of making a section of it large enough to store my Weber OTG when not use. She is a very smart lady. If interested perhaps I can post pictures when completed.

Anyway, I was joking about the UDS question. I have a Pit Barrel that I love and used this site extensively in my research before pulling the trigger. I could not help but notice the number of "Build a UDS" responses in most PBC threads (any in many other threads as well). I hope no one was offended by my little joke. I kind of feel bad that many people took me seriously, but the fact that so many folks were willing to point me in the right direction on building a UDS makes me feel like I have joined a group of very nice and patient folks.

Again, hope I did not waste anyone's time. I have read in the FAQs I believe that this is a site where joking is welcome, so I guess I was just trying to join the gang.

Take care everyone and have a great Father's Day weekend. Will be firing up the PBC and many even be able to use my new table.

Building #2 for an upcoming bbq comp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 43
Sorry I have not responded today. Working on a project here at home. Several months ago we go rid of our hot tub, but my wife had a great idea to saving the exterior casing (which is a nice redwood color) and use it to make a bbq table/storage area of sorts. Been busy all day with it and is kind of coming together. She also had the idea of making a section of it large enough to store my Weber OTG when not use. She is a very smart lady. If interested perhaps I can post pictures when completed.

Anyway, I was joking about the UDS question. I have a Pit Barrel that I love and used this site extensively in my research before pulling the trigger. I could not help but notice the number of "Build a UDS" responses in most PBC threads (any in many other threads as well). I hope no one was offended by my little joke. I kind of feel bad that many people took me seriously, but the fact that so many folks were willing to point me in the right direction on building a UDS makes me feel like I have joined a group of very nice and patient folks.

Again, hope I did not waste anyone's time. I have read in the FAQs I believe that this is a site where joking is welcome, so I guess I was just trying to join the gang.

Take care everyone and have a great Father's Day weekend. Will be firing up the PBC and many even be able to use my new table.

Dam it!!! I thought this was really going somewhere!!! As SELF PROCLAIMED "Village Idiot" I demand 2 all night cooks with pictures every hour and you must eat the German Potato Salad in a can that's floating around here somewhere!!! :mad2::mad2:

Back