Signature Carne Asada

I was on board til you used that C word.Other than that that toxic weed,,,,,,AMAZING!!!!! :wink:

Fantastic flap, beercuer! My favorite carneceria (now closed) would add marinade if wanted(always), and always put a bundle of green onions and a few slices of orange in the bag also. They always kept a huge vat of marinade behind the counter, and it was the best I ever tasted. One day when I was waiting for service they ran out of marinade and made a new batch right in front of me. All it was made of was salt and chile and garlic powders(not really hot chile) and Sunny Delight for the liquid! I always thought it was much more complex, but not so as it was easily replicatable. More than 24 hours in the marinade made the meat mushy.

Last edited:
Thank you all once again for making the time to look and post!!!

Fantastic flap, beercuer! My favorite carneceria (now closed) would add marinade if wanted(always), and always put a bundle of green onions and a few slices of orange in the bag also. They always kept a huge vat of marinade behind the counter, and it was the best I ever tasted. One day when I was waiting for service they ran out of marinade and made a new batch right in front of me. All it was made of was salt and chile and garlic powders(not really hot chile) and Sunny Delight for the liquid! I always thought it was much more complex, but not so as it was easily replicatable. More than 24 hours in the marinade made the meat mushy.

I am reminded of the Cardena's store. Their pre-marinated meat was downright delicious! So I can relate, Smokeat. Glad you discovered the secret. Alternatively, I hope some time you try Chef Merito's carne asada rub. I testify that it is out-of-this-world good. Being in the IE, you should find it quite readily at Stater Bros in the meat dept. Here is a pic:

merito_best_zps609c69e7.jpg

Back