My first Weber was a hand me down that was pre one touch and quite old when I got it. I picked that grill up and one of the rusted handles broke off and when it fell the legs went up through the bottom of the kettle. So this grill was really *my* first and only Weber that I bought. The apartment complex I live in put in gas community grills and told everyone to get rid of their personal grills, I put up a stink and have an exception in my lease for that grill, and it could be interpreted as that specific grill, which is another reason for the full out restore.

Here is my grandfathers Weber BAR B QUE Kettle that was handed down to my Uncle and then to me. When he walked me out to his old dirty shed way back in the corner was one of my now prized possessions with rotted out non rolling wheels on it. Needless to say it went to my shed for a few years until I decided to spend under $5.00 on a new set of wheels on it and start using it. I used this grill along with my weber genesis silver c for several years until I decided to get my performer which somewhat put the oldie into semi retirement. She is 41 years old according to the United States patent website.
ad6e7c59-310d-8bdd.jpg
ad6e7c59-3121-8550.jpg
ad6e7c59-313a-5768.jpg

Here is a picture of my workforce 2005 Weber performer
ad6e7c59-3193-7259.jpg

6c7363af-3409-ebc8.jpg

Here is my grandfathers Weber BAR B QUE Kettle that was handed down to my Uncle and then to me. When he walked me out to his old dirty shed way back in the corner was one of my now prized possessions with rotted out non rolling wheels on it. Needless to say it went to my shed for a few years until I decided to spend under $5.00 on a new set of wheels on it and start using it. I used this grill along with my weber genesis silver c for several years until I decided to get my performer which somewhat put the oldie into semi retirement. She is 41 years old according to the United States patent website.
ad6e7c59-3121-8550.jpg

The appliances in my parents kitchen growing up were that color. I never understood why they called that brown "coppertone" though, I mean I guess it's the color of neglected copper. It looks in surprisingly good shape, you could probably get that looking almost new with not much effort.

The appliances in my parents kitchen growing up were that color. I never understood why they called that brown "coppertone" though, I mean I guess it's the color of neglected copper. It looks in surprisingly good shape, you could probably get that looking almost new with not much effort.

The old Weber catalog I have calls that color "copper mist". :cool:

Yea, I suppose "Copper Mist" will insight one to buy more than what the color is really closer to, like "Old Penny" if we insist on naming it after something copper. But then again, if I had a 40 year old Weber, I'd want it to be a color like "Copper Mist", "Avocado", "Harvest Gold", or "Poppy Red".

i REALLY like that stainless steel table on the performer.

want to make another for mine?

Just joined the club and bought a used one today. Hardly used. Need to figure out the leg clips situation now. Spring might have sprung. Other than that I look forward to smokin and grillin on this badboy!

I show my appreciation for my Weber kettle by cooking on it as often as I can.

I have two 22.5" kettles. One is a OTG. I've added a slide-a-side lid holder and tool holder as well as a Tel-Tru thermometer.

I also have a OTS to which I've recently added a Pitmaster Ique 110. Haven't tried it yet but plan to soon.

Just bought a 15 dollar smokey Joe Silver ....

Wednesday I bought a 15 dollar smokey Joe Silver ....

And I spent 5 minutes cleaning it up with a paper towel and some Dawn.

Here it is:
51521711.jpg

Oh I almost forgot! It came with a free 22 inch version too. I hdn't cleaned that one yet, but neither were very dirty when I brought them home ......
kettle.jpg

Here is the OTS after cleaning:
78682199.jpg

All in, 15 bucks for the two grills, and about a dollar for some Dawn, paper towels, and one of those "magic erasers" to clean them with. I'll need to add a 22 inch cooking grate (rather than stealing from the WSM22) and I should be out the door for two essentially new grills for a little over $30 and 90 minutes of elbow grease.

I'd really liek a red one though. Or Cobalt. Or forest Green.

Or Maroon. Or lime. Or Yellow.

No, copper.

A Brownie.

Hmmmmmm

very nice indeed ! on the ots, where is the ot lever ?

Facing away from the angle I took the shot from. I am cooking a spatch chicken rigt now and realize maybe I should have oriented the OT handle to align with the kettle handle for simplicity.

I want to play

my grill family, the Gasser is my dad;s, the green one was my first, the purple one needs cleaned but it was free, the black 22.5 is on its way to a new home, the 18in one I bought becasue I thought it was a 22.5 but I am going to keep it. And the smoky joe is not in the photo just the lid. Now if they were all full of hot charcoal and meat this would be awsome.

Attachments

• grill photo.jpg
    grill photo.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 373
so the handle is against the front leg when closed ?
It is between the 'back' legs, as I would describe it. I guess this is the correct way:

By the way, chicken was great, although not much to look at.

Back