Laurie, MO Roll Call--Aug 4-5.

HoDeDo

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Who all is planning on going to Laurie? So far, I know Big Creek, Mokan Meatheads, and HoDeDos.... who all else is going to be there!

What state and what dates?
Curious minds want to know :lol:

TIM

Hillbilly Days BBQ - Laurie, MO (Ozarks) 8/4-5

The_Kapn said:
What state and what dates?
Curious minds want to know :lol:

TIM

Sorry! My mind has the KS/MO/IA contest schedule blueprinted on it.:wink:

Yup - we'll be there with the margarita machine. Our first contest in over a month so we are ready to get back at it. Stop by for a 'rita or a cold one.

Looks like we may catch a break with the weather.

I'm really looking forward to this one, guys! It may be hot but Tammy and I miss competing against/with you all and well to be honest, Taylor misses Bob! :lol:

We are gonna pass. They pissed me off the last contest and I swore that I would never go back.

Sing one for us Bob!!!

The Meatheads' spot is where it's all happening at Laurie--margaritas, Bob's sing-alongs and DUCK RACES. I am bringing my own plastic ducks to run duck races this year. Two years ago they ran races but not last year so I'm taking matters into my own hands! Our spot is on the west side of the "waterway" so come on down and have some fun!!

Boy am I disappionted the Munchin' Hogs won't be there!

Run, Bob, Run!:twisted:

WheresBob said:
The Meatheads' spot is where it's all happening at Laurie--margaritas, Bob's sing-alongs and DUCK RACES. I am bringing my own plastic ducks to run duck races this year. Two years ago they ran races but not last year so I'm taking matters into my own hands! Our spot is on the west side of the "waterway" so come on down and have some fun!!

Boy am I disappionted the Munchin' Hogs won't be there!

Run, Bob, Run!:twisted:

Thankfully, NOTHING is happening at Big Creek's site other than contest cookin' this weekend! We're ready to just have some fun and not have to cook for anyone!

Bob are you doing requests again?

Munchin' Hogs won't be there? Damn! Who'll win ribs then? :p :lol:

Great contest! Lots of shade (where we were anyway) but dirty and dusty due to extreme dry conditions... allergy flare up mod!

I'll get to Brethren walks shortly but first, I'm proud as HELL today! Taylor, my five year old took FIRST PLACE in the 5 to 10 year old age group out of 18 kids!!! She did a sausage/brat combo burger with some various seasonings and sa topping sauce made from apricot preserves, mayo, lemon juice and cilantro. Sounds bad but it was awesome! Judges agreed... check out the scores:

988 999 988 999 885 (idiot! a FIVE with ground meat??? :roll: ) 999 total: 173.

She got a blue ribbon, a trophy and a savings bond. I was so proud of her that I about cried!

Dalton, son of Brethren Jeff FROM KC and teammate of Brethren Bubba, took 8th in the same age group in what I believe might have been his first contest (correct me if I'm wrong, guys). HoDeDo Andy's daughter Kaylin took 11th. I don't have the 11 to 15 year old list but I don't think there was a Brethen kid in that group. Congrats to all the Jr. Brethren on a successful day!

Now for the rest of us... Brethren in bold

Chicken:

1. Shawhan Beer, Bourbon and BBQ
2. Moonlight BBQ
3. Legion of Doom
4. Smokin Guns
5. Sloppy's Backwoods Smoke
6. Ray J's BBQ
7. BBQ God of the Universe
8. Backwood BBQ
9. Eagle Creek Smokers
10. Smokin Leprechaun

Ribs:

1. Smokin Leprechaun
2. Sedalia Master Basters
3. Pig Newton
4. Night Owl BBQ
5. Bare Bones BBQ
6. In Deep Sauce
7. Sparkle Plenty
8. Smokeridge Boys
9. Backwood BBQ
10. Four Men and a Pig

Pork:

1. Mad Hogs and an Englishman
2. Squeal of Approval
3. Four Men and a Pig
4. J & B BBQ
5. Freda's Redneck BBQ
6. Big Creek BBQ
7. Bubba and Jeff's BBQ
8. Mullet Brothers
9. HoDeDos
10. Smokin' Roys

Brisket:

1. Bayou Style BBQ
2. Night Owl BBQ
3. In Deep Sauce
4. Squeal of Approval
5. Smoke Works
6. Smokin Guns
7. Half sauced
8. KC Que Crew
9. The Oinks
10. Second Hand Smokers

Open:

1. Pig Newton
2. Red Hot Pop
3. BBQ God of the Universe
4. Smokeridge Boys
5. Smokin R's
6. Smokin Roys
7. Casual Smokers
8. HoDeDos
9. Beam Boys BBQ
10. Squeal of Approval

Overall:

Grand: Squeal of Approval
Reserve: Night Owl BBQ

3. Smokin Guns
4. Casual Smokers
5. Backwood BBQ
6. Smokin Leprechaun
7. Pig Newton
8. Sparkle Plenty
9. Sedalia Master Basters
10. Bubba and Jeff's BBQ

Other Brethren finishes (63 teams):

11. MoKan Meatheads
18. Big Creek BBQ
38. HoDeDos

It was Andy's birthday today! Happy birthday buddy! You're getting as old as I am! :lol:

Congrats to all the Brethren and future members on their walks on Saturday. WTG!

WTG guys and little gals.
Good Job

Sounds like Taylor is heading for the big time :lol:

TIM

Congratulations Brethren and Jr. Brethren.:biggrin:

Looks like the Brethren had the pork wrapped up!!

Good job!!

Spice

spicewine said:
Looks like the Brethren had the pork wrapped up!!

Good job!!

Spice

Yeah, kinda funny... we did pretty well in pork but not much else.

I went ahead and tried that cranberry sauce on my chicken and bombed! Oh well... nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? I won't do it again though.

Jeff_in_KC said:
It was Andy's birthday today! Happy birthday buddy! You're getting as old as I am! :lol:

Thanks! And Double thanks for the Gentlemen Jack Mind eraser mod!!!!
It is in the freezer right now. That ROCKS!

Congrats to everyone - great finishes. Especially Taylor!!!! Kaylin was so excited to her win. She came running over to me going nuts. Sounds like a heck of a burger, I heard it was AWESOME.

I'll save the rest of my comments for the woodpile....:twisted:

Happy B-day Andy and congrats to all specially the young'uns.
ModelMaker

Back