• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Not happy with my Pit Barrel

Well did Fresh Charcoal cure what ails Ya ? Or is that tomorrow ?

Ssv3 pics please of the mod.

Sorry OP don't mean to hijack your thread. You've got a capable cooker in your hands it's just a matter of time before you do a whole lot from pizza to smoking bacon and everything in between.

Here you go Daddio. I made some cured sausage, ham and bacon. I needed more clearance to hang the cured meats and the grate sits way to high so I couldn't put the diffuser on the grate. I had this old elevating V rack laying around outside, it went into the firebox and my KJ diffusor on top of it. I did the cured sausages a few days ago and the bacon and ham yesterday. I hate the grill marks when hot smoking bacon etc so that's why hung it in the PBC.:becky:

20131116_172615.jpg

20131116_170523_Richtone%2528HDR%2529.jpg

The Ham cruising at about 200*. It smoked for 7 hrs to 150* it. I will smoke the ham in the kamado again next time since it takes about 4 hours max on the kamado.

The bacon and sausage though are a breeze at 2-3 hours at 200* max. No pics of the bacon smoke but you get the idea.

20131124_131725.jpg

20131124_184853.jpg

Ssv3 that was what I was thinking when you mentioned a heat deflector mod.

That sausage looks tasty. I have a warehouse full of kitchenware and should be able to find a v rack. Thanks again for the tip and pics

I saw one store 0.27c# with 20$ purchase

Back