Please help with Maverick ET-732

Oldpro1946

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am trying to use my new Maverick ET-732. I know I should have checked it out before but now I am screwed. Put the BBQ probe in the smoker and the food probe in the shoulder. Turned both on and they work. Now I can'tfigure out how to monitor the smoker temp or the food temp. I just started my smoker but all I get on the receiver are dashes no temp. I am not even sure what the heck the Hi/Hr or Lo/min is.Right nowI just want tomonitor the temp in the smoker and the temp of my shoulder. I want to know when the food reaches 160 and want thesmoker to stay at 275. Please help.

It sounds like the two units didn't sync up. Take the receiver over by the transmitter, turn them both off, then press and hold the receiver on button, about 2 seconds after you begin pressing the receiver on button press the transmitter on button and hold each one until both units turn on. Once they are on, they should sync up. They need to be turned on in the right order and within the first few seconds of each one coming on for the sync to occur.

It sounds like the two units didn't sync up. Take the receiver over by the transmitter, turn them both off, then press and hold the receiver on button, about 2 seconds after you begin pressing the receiver on button press the transmitter on button and hold each one until both units turn on. Once they are on, they should sync up. They need to be turned on in the right order and within the first few seconds of each one coming on for the sync to occur.

Thanks, disaster averted. Both temps are working. I put the shoulder in when the temp hit 275 but then the temp went down to 190. I am thinking that the meat lowered the temp. I see now it has gone up to 198.

Back