how many butts will it hold

bluzieq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Why do most mfg stretch it when they say how many butts a smoker holds? They must cook way smaller than I do. I cooked a case of butts saturday , 8 butts, 82 lbs. My racks on my bar be cube are 21.5 square. Removing a couple of the racks I could do 4 on each , but buddy its full.reason I say ,I looked at one that was 13*22 and it says 3 on it.no way.In fact I measured mine on the table when I rubbed them 8 butts with air space between was about 22*46. Do they think most cook small butts? Just be more helpful to be more honest imo. Like I said mine was very full till they cooked awhile.

What are you cooking on? My Stumps Stretch cooks what Stumps claims. Great cookers.

What are you cooking on? My Stumps Stretch cooks what Stumps claims. Great cookers.
Wasn't really about my abs bar be cube,but in general . Mine didn't say how much, but one said 3 per 13*22 rack . Onyx oven. Not unless they are very small.also I don't want to pick on any smoker mfg,it would help to know . Like lang says how many 8 lb butts etc....,that helps. and the bw party says 8/10 butts.not the size I cook mine were abt 5+ inches tall, 9+ inches wide. I have been shopping for a butt cooker that let's me sleep some.

Why do most mfg stretch it when they say how many butts a smoker holds? They must cook way smaller than I do. I cooked a case of butts saturday , 8 butts, 82 lbs. My racks on my bar be cube are 21.5 square. Removing a couple of the racks I could do 4 on each , but buddy its full.reason I say ,I looked at one that was 13*22 and it says 3 on it.no way.In fact I measured mine on the table when I rubbed them 8 butts with air space between was about 22*46. Do they think most cook small butts? Just be more helpful to be more honest imo. Like I said mine was very full till they cooked awhile.

Some manufactures do embellish their statistics while many others do not. Just remember if they embellish one thing, you can bet they embellished everything..

It is wise for the educated consumer to do their homework and beware of shady sales oriented calculations.

While all butts are not created equal the average is a little over 8 pounds and are about 9.5" x 9.5" x 5". Some are larger and some are smaller.

Wasn't really about my abs bar be cube,but in general . Mine didn't say how much, but one said 3 per 13*22 rack . Onyx oven. Not unless they are very small.also I don't want to pick on any smoker mfg,it would help to know . Like lang says how many 8 lb butts etc....,that helps. and the bw party says 8/10 butts.not the size I cook mine were abt 5+ inches tall, 9+ inches wide. I have been shopping for a butt cooker that let's me sleep some.

Try Humphrey's......

I have the Down East Beast with extra shelves that slide in / out for maximum space utilization. 10 pounds of charcoal managed by the BBQ Guru gives me 12 hours of uninterrupted cook time holding the temperature.

Contact "Smokinit", he is a Brethren here if you have an interest.

Back