Monday Dinner - Smoked Shrimp in smokey tomato sauce

OSD

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Pam really likes this, so I cooked it for her today. :-D It has to be one of the ugliest plated dish I know of, but it tastes great. :-D It also is one of the easiest to make.
In an oven proof pan melt 1 stick of butter and saute 2 minced cloves of garlic. Then add 3 large tomatoes ( diced ), 2 Tbl. tomato paste, 1 diced Jalapeno pepper, a little salt, 1/2 tsp. white pepper, 1 TBL crushed red peppers, 1 cup white wine, and two bay leaves. Stir to mix well and then stick the pan in the smoker. It takes about 2 hours to cook down and thicken. I run the smoker at about 250* and don't use much smoke. The tomatoes really absorb it. Stir it about every 30 minutes.

100_1431Small.jpg

This is after about 1 hour in the smoker

100_1433Small.jpg

When the sauce has thickened, remove the bay leaves and cover the top of the sauce with raw shrimp. do not stir them in. Return to smoker.
Once the shrimp turn opaque, I cover the top with crumbled Feta cheese, return it to the smoker for the cheese to soften and start to melt.

100_1440Small.jpg

finished and a bowl of seasoned orzo

100_1446Small.jpg

100_1457Small.jpg

I told you it was ugly lookin' plated

100_1402Small.jpg

When I took the shrimp out of the smoker, I opened up the vents and let the temp get up to around 350* and put this into the smoker to cook while we ate.

100_1422Small.jpg

coming out of the smoker after about 45minutes.

100_1461Small.jpg

Hot peach cobbler for dessert.:biggrin:

Jim
That is a great looking dish, add a little chopped parsley and sprinkle it on top of shrimp and enter the dish in the THROWDOWN for seafood, move in closer to the dish and snap a pic. Really, it does look good and original.

Jim
That is a great looking dish, add a little chopped parsley and sprinkle it on top of shrimp and enter the dish in the THROWDOWN for seafood, move in closer to the dish and snap a pic. Really, it does look good and original.

Porky, I did add parsley and took a closeup pic. It's the 4th pic down just above the full plate pic.:-D Ya must have missed it.:biggrin:
Thanks for liking the cook.:-D

Wow, that looks great! I'd hit that any day of the week. How'd you make the cobbler? is it just a can cof peaches and box cake ala "dump cake"?

Details man!! We want details!

Here you go SpammyQ.:-D

Easy Peach Cobbler

1 Stick margarine or butter ( unsalted )
1 c Sugar
1 c Self-rising flour
1 c Milk
1 lg Can peaches ( 29 oz in heavy syrup )

Melt margarine in deep dish or pan. Mix sugar, flour, and milk; pour over melted margarine. Pour the peaches and juice over this mixture. Do not stir. Bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes. Serve warm. Top with whipped cream or ice cream.

Any time you want to plate something that ugly you can invite me over.:grin:

don't know what you're talking about, looks delicious and bet it tasted the same

Back