Chicken thighs and Pig candy pron

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well passed both of my classes today with B's so in celebration i decided to go ahead and get cookin early. I had marinated a bunch of thighs in Italian dressing over night, took em out let em dry a bit this morning. Rubbed em with Big time BBQ rub from Dr BBQ's book. Tossed em on the WSM after the pig candy was done, at 325* heat settled in at 275-280* after meat was on. Used some peach wood for smoke. Didnt have a pan small enough to sauce em in the cooker so i used a big one with some head country sauce and tossed it in the oven till mamma got home from gettin her nails done. Man o Man they were tasty. here are a couple of pics. I forgot to get a shot of em on the cooker. oh well.
Pig candy on the WSM a few outside pieces got burnt to a crisp. she picked up regular bacon at the store.
100_1789.jpg

done pig candy
100_1790.jpg

Chicken thighs in the sauce.
100_1792.jpg

On the plate with some wild rice
100_1794.jpg

Enjoy!! i know i did. now im off to work.

but..........theres no bacon that plate....wazzupwitthat?

I ate my share waiting on the chicken to be done. the mrs ate hers when she stopped in on her way to the salon. The rest went to some friends that we are doing a comp next weekend and we are looking at doing pig candy for the taste like chicken comp. which mainly focuses on the alcoholic beverage more than the meal. But Pig candy goes great with anything.

Back