History Channel on PIgs and BBQ.

NCGrimbo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Tonight, the history channel will be talking about how pigs are processed and some BBQ contest in 2 episodes of Modern Marvels. They will be on at 8:00pm EST, 11:00pm EST, and then repeated at 3:00am EST. Check your local listings for more info.

Cool....thanks, Ill have to set tivo after I get home from work to get the 3AM show

Thanks for the heads up.

If anyone watches this expecting BBQ--there is just a short blurb about a whole hog cooking at a MIM event.

This is about pork production history and current usage.

Interesting stuff.

TIM

I caught the last 20 minutes and will turn it back on at 10:00 central to catch the beginning.

THANKS! On the same note, They are also showing a repeat of "BBQ TECH" 3 hours later on another Mordern Marvels. Never saw it, is it any good?

I can't find the darn remote to program the DVR.
I gotta put a string on the darn thing.

saw it....pretty good show

loved this line "British sailors ate salt pork, the Roman Legions ate prosciutto. WHo would you rather be?"

Saw most of it between phone calls. Didnt realize they made prosicutto here in the states.
Midwest here is pretty sparse on those types of foods here.

Looks pretty good - think I'll catch the 11:00 - might not be worth much at work tomorrow :biggrin:

i caught most of the pig show..flipping back and forth between that and "good eats" with Alton. Pig show was interesting for sure. kinda makes me wonder about eating mass produced meats in some respects though. Be neat to raise your own pig and feed it diet of acorns though. :)

The BBQ segment has clips from the 2006 BBQn At the Autry from here in Southern California. I'm on for a quick second of fame cooking at our Four Q BBQ site.

All hail to the pig. I think the greatest way we can honor ol' porky is to fire him up as much as possible. That tasty little farker.

The BBQ segment has clips from the 2006 BBQn At the Autry from here in Southern California. I'm on for a quick second of fame cooking at our Four Q BBQ site.
I am taping it, will look for you guys... how did you guys do at that contest?

Fifth in ribs. It was our first contest.

Watchin it right now. That Weber factory is freakin awsome! I wanna work there.

Them fellers cookin them whole pigs down in South Carolina are the real deal!

Them fellers cookin them whole pigs down in South Carolina are the real deal!
If you can run a restaurant with a pit made from a pile of cinder blocks and some chickenwire, fed coals by a shovel, then you're my kind of guy!

All hail the UDS!

How would you like to work at the pig semen collection facility:eek: Giving Boar's the reach around all day:lol::lol::lol:

For those who didn't see this post until AFTER the show aired :frown: it looks like PIGS will be on again on December 1st. Check you local listings. (always wanted to say that.) I can't find another scheduled episode of BBQ Tech in the listings tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I caught the modern marvels show, but I didn't see the one on processing the pork. I don't expect it to be a pretty business though.

Back