Moorpark BBQ Contest 09/07-09/08 roll call

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Ok who's in on this one? I know they are looking for a few more teams.

It's a four meat, IBCA contest with some nice prizes. Where are all of the SoCal folx who wanted to compete?

This contest will be done IBCA Style
with the exception of wet sause is OK
It will be sanctioned by the CBBQA
With 12 Folks wanting seats at the Judging table
Its best to break out the Knives and Forks

Well guys,
You know that we will be there. It is almost in our back yard.
Hopefully we can get 10 CBBQA teams and make it count towards TOY.:icon_cool
Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Hope this turns out well for the Chamber, we sure could use another event in SoCal next year! Won't beat a dead horse, just wish it was not the same weekend as the Wishland charity event!

Moorpark is this weekend. 7 team IBCA contest. Should be a good warmup for Viejas.

Wish I could do it but can't get out of work early on Friday due to short staff. Wouldn't be able to get out there until LATE and wouldn't have time to finish everything. Good luck to all!

I leave today at 1pm! Can't wait!

Congrats to Tropical heat and Brethern brother Bowtie Bill for their 1st Grand Championship! Way to go Bill and Dan!:lol:

And our very own Mista and 4 Q takes a cool 1st in Brisket! Atta Boy! :-D

Congrats you Brothers who did well! I spent the week in Laguna Beach. Did'nt know about the comp. But I'm glad to hear about the results.

This was a small but fun competition. It was IBCA rules with pulled pork added as a fourth meat. Great venue and great weather. We ended up with with 5th in ribs, 3rd in pork and first in brisket. This was my first 1st place in brisket. I'm really excited.

Big congrats to Bowtie Bill and the Tropical Heat Team!

Results
Tropical Heat and BBQ by Dan Tie
Tie Breaker Tropical Heat

Half Chicken
1 Tropical Heat
2 OU8 BBQ (Todd Eves)
3 BBQ by Dan
4 Pit Stop
5 Pappa's Smoke House

Spare Ribs
1 Dan
2 Tropical
3 OU8 BBQ
4 Pit Stop
5 Four Q

Pork
1 Dan
2 OU8 BBQ
3 Four Q
4 Tropical
5 Pit Stop

Brisket
1 Four Q
2 Tropical
3 Papas Smoke House
4 Dan
5 OU8

Last edited:
Yes This really could grow into a big event the Chamber has the right folks to make it happen
Congrates to Bill and Mista

Last edited:
Thanks Thom! And you are right. The Chamber couldn't be a nicer group of folx!

Thanks, guys. We had a great time.
Congrats to the 1st in Brisket Neil, and Sylvie's call in pork. Too bad the good Proffesor missed out on all the fun.
You are right, the chamber ladies were great, friendly, and very helpful throughout. I hope we can entice them in to giving this a go again next year.
Thanks Thom, that took a lot of effort on your part. We all appreciate it.
Neil, if I do not bring Cabo Wabo to Viejas, I will find something hopefully as good.:cool:
Later,
Bill

Back