• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cargo South Trailers

GQue

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just got into comp BBQ this year - did a couple of contests and now I am HOOKED. I sold my car so I could buy a trailer and am thinking about a cargo south. Anyone have any insight on the quality or workmanship of that brand?

I have seen a few threads on here about trailers and have called some of the folks but they are all priced way out of my budget. Cargo south will build me one for about 8k. Thinking about pulling the trigger but dont want the wheels to roll off as I pull out of their driveway either. Any insight into them or tips in general is GREATLY appreciated. Looking forward to your feedback!

Nope...not familiar with Cargo South...but I can vouch for Interstate...just pulled my 6x10 from Seattle to Lynchburg and back...trailed like a dream...even in 40-60 mph side and head winds. :thumb:

HI thillin - A trailer that can get me liscensed to sell out of. Ideally I could spend a couple of afternoons cruising around to some corporate campuses and selling some smoky goodness. Gotta pay for my habit somehow...

In that scenario I just need the basics, 3 sink, handwashing station and fridge, I dont need a stove or fryer or grill etc.

If I cant get the above for ~10k I will settle for a trailer only(not liscensed to sell) but can use for comps and eventually build into the trailer what I need as funds become available. I use an FEC 100 so putting it on the deck/porch would be nice. Here is an example of what I like for now http://www.cargosouthinc.com/trailers/bbq-porch-trailers

Any insight or suggestions are appreciated - Thanks in advance

Bbq Bubba is selling his trailer. Look in the sales portion of the forum for his thread or pm him.

Ahhh...gotcha...make that x3 on the Extreme BBQ Trailers...James does a killer job and can work with your specific needs. :thumb:

Definitely talk to James before placing an order. One of the teams at the Jack had an Extreme, got a chance to go over it. When I get the $$ together, I'm ordering one.

HI thillin - A trailer that can get me liscensed to sell out of. Ideally I could spend a couple of afternoons cruising around to some corporate campuses and selling some smoky goodness. Gotta pay for my habit somehow...

In that scenario I just need the basics, 3 sink, handwashing station and fridge, I dont need a stove or fryer or grill etc.

If I cant get the above for ~10k I will settle for a trailer only(not liscensed to sell) but can use for comps and eventually build into the trailer what I need as funds become available.

You can get a competitor series from Extreme BBQ Trailers for pretty close to that price, especially if you install the sinks and tanks yourself. If you are looking to do this as a business I'd say spend the money now and buy something that will let you get started without a lot of fuss. It's hard enough to start a business with good equipment - why put yourself at a disadvantage by getting something that will have to be modified a bunch before it becomes efficient?

Ahhh...gotcha...make that x3 on the Extreme BBQ Trailers...James does a killer job and can work with your specific needs. :thumb:

Another thumbs up for the Extreme BBQ Trailers! :thumb: I had James build me a 22' trailer that I picked up in September. A very well constructed trailer and I couldn't be happier.

Talk to James, Extreme built my 28' vending trailer. We just picked it up in September. He will answer any questions you have. I had a few quotes from others and nothing compared to the price from Extreme BBQ Trailers. Their Customer Service is exceptional.

Tyler

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions - Have spoken with James we will see what he can come up with. If anyone has used a cargo south trailer I am still very interested in your opinions.

Back