View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 07:10 AM   #6
White Dog BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
My point is a lot of people that do competition here like to complain about how the KCBS does things but when you ask what would you like them to do nobody seems to care. It also explains why some people didn't get elected last year. Either the membership here is generally speaking not KCBS members (less than 1000 out of nearly 15000) or they just don't care. Are you a member of KCBS?
Not sure how it's relevant, but I am a KCBS member -- and I voted for John Markus, Phil, Jeff and other unsuccessful candidates that the Brethren have (informally) gotten behind. I've corresponded with KCBS Board Members and Candidates on KCBS issues. I've also served as a Board member for the Mid-Atlantic BBQ Association.

I still think you are making a huge jump in your conclusion based on the poor response to your polls. Did you consider that the response rate was low because:

1. They fell on a busy competition weekend.
  2. They were posted on one of the less trafficked forums.
  3. People didn't like the set answers you provided.
  4. People didn't care for the questions you asked.
Quite frankly, I missed your threads because I had a busy weekend and didn't see them. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Either way, I don't think the response rate to your polls is the appropriate gauge of Brethren interest in KCBS affairs.

1x 14.5" WSM
1x 18" WSM
1x Red Weber Performer
1x Blue Weber Performer
1x Weber 22.5" OneTouch Silver
1x Weber Genesis Silver B
White Dog BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->