Perfect Sous Vide Prime Ribeyes in 3 steps and No words- (It's that easy)

I guess if I really wanted to try this I could use my double insulated cooler. After it gets good and warm at the temp I want it loses about two degrees over 60 minutes. Hmmm... Got the gears turning for a bone in ribeye!

Yeah, we call that "Hot Tubbing" where I came from. No heating element but same results on shorter cooks. Great for steaks and 1-2 hour cooks. SV comes in handy when you do 48-72 hour cooks. It's actually better to drop temp than go over temp on short cooks. Under temp on multi day cooks can be deadly :rip:

Thanks titch!
I'll read up on this as there are lots of things I have thought about and Christmas is almost here.
Seafood should be sensational I think?

Thanks titch!
I'll read up on this as there are lots of things I have thought about and Christmas is almost here.
Seafood should be sensational I think?

Seafood Yuk,lol

If your serious about trying it,slip me your address and I will ship you a controller to try,
I do not nor ever will sell these things if anyone is curious.
Cheers.
Titch

Buc,if you are worried about DIY electricity check here.
http://www.sousvideathome.com.au/

I made my own using the same controller,available in 220volt or 110 volt.
Via China
To the OP,thanks for the prompt,will be doing a Scotch fillet tonight
Cheers.
Titch

Perfect! The companies that make the DIY controllers are international. Auber is a big one and there are many others. It does not take any special skills other than possessing a disposable $200 (ish) and the capability of ordering something on line to make this work. This is not genius level stuff (you would understand if you knew me) :biggrin1:

Great looking steak, cool process, thanks for posting this. Bookmarked!

Ah- Richland Center. Lived In Madtown for 3 years and Appleton for 4. I have mad props for my peeps in the tundra. I've made (and still do) my living over many years in the upper midwest. I don't miss the winters but we loved our time up there

Actually my time in cold temps was the reason I bought my BGE. Couldn't cook in the cold up there with my cavernous gasser so I started looking around. My time up there lead me here (in a round-about way)

Best use of D in a B screenshots I have ever seen :clap:!! Oh and those steak looked good too :becky:

Back