• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Thursday night dinner

NRA4Life

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Picked up a half a pork loin for dinner, wasn't sure if I'd cut chops out of it or rotisserie it...so since I hadn't used the rotisserie for a while, I fired it up. My buddy and I made the ring for the weber, welded on the brackets from a generic rotisserie kit, and even though it doesn't fit together like OEM equipment, it gets the job done!

The OTS with the ring:
weber1.jpg

The half pork loin on the spit, rubbed with Big Ron's "Hint Of Houston" rub. Big Ron just got himself a vendor subscription here and I ordered a bundle pack from him.

weber2.jpg

About 90 minutes later, it was up to 165 measured with my Super Ultra "faster than the speed of light" RED thermapen. I took it off the spit and rested about 10 minutes. The black part in the picture is that layer of fat mixing with the rub to form a really tasty bark!

loin1.jpg

Sliced and ready to serve:

loin2.jpg

Plated with 1/2 a sweet potato w/butter, steamed broccoli, and green beans sauteed in butter. I need to use that rotisserie more often!

dinner.jpg

By the way, I highly recommend Big Ron's Hint of Houston rub on pork. It is outstanding! Thanks for looking.

Kevin that looks outstanding! Love the color on the pork. Great job on the ring mod too.. :cool::-D

Looks great and glad to hear you enjoyed the rub as well.

Hint of Houston is my personal favorite :thumb:

Back