Review: Original vs Competition Kingsford Charcoal (long with lots o' pics)

I like to use the Kingsford comp charcoal but I also love the ole blue I have often wondered about the two different styles but never had the gumption to do the test you did and I am sure I would not have gone into as much detail as you have, so Thanks for the hard work and great information it seeing tidbits like this only reminds me why I joined up and love this site so much
Thanks Again
RR
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Awesome work sir. Very useful info. The only other thing I might add is, if any of you think you can do a better study, step up and do your own 20 hour experiment!!!

You engineers kill me. I wish I had the patience/intelligence to study a product like this. Thanks for the great info.

Binder used might explain the weight difference, i.e. clay, cornstarch, etc. That, along with the ratio of lump vs filler, would also explain the temp diff because of the amount of filler used to form the briq. I was wondering if anyone has experienced a flavor profile change between the two on a long burn?

More than grateful for your hard work and effort in presenting your observations. It helps us better understand and choose our products accordingly.

Bump!
Just a heads up, Its the last day at my Home Depot to buy Kingsford Reg. (2.20#) on sale, (my price is 12.99:mad:) Costco has Kingsford comp. with a 3.50 discount ends 4/3/2011

Thanks again Jon for the review.

Back