Pork tenderloin - what to do?

Kloogee

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I picked up a 2-pack pork tenderloin at Costco last weekend. Any recommendations on what I should do with one of them this weekend?

00EA488E-EFCB-43A1-ADAB-0DE00C2A0CC7-1386-000000A69512EF96_zpsbd580fff.jpg

Thanks!

We eat a lot of them at our house. Remove the silver skin and treat them the same as you do boneless skinless chicken breasts and you can't go wrong. My family prefers direct grilling after a quick marinade. Also a great cut to use for spiesbraten on the schwenkgrill over wood fire. I cook these by touch for doneness. Don't overcook or they get dry as a bone (think chicken breast). Some people brine them, but I don't see the need. We grill them both and thinly slice the leftovers and add to pasta later in the week. If the weather is bad, they are great fried as medallions with a pan gravy.

I bought one and am trying to make Black Forest ham out of it. Curing it the same way and then smoking it.

Here's mine. it is really good. Shoot for a 150* internal then tent and rest for 10 minutes.

Pork Tenderloin Recipe

Marinade:
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic – minced
2 teaspoons sugar
3 green onion – chopped

Marinate 4 hrs to overnight depending on flavor strength
This is enough marinade for 3 lbs. of tenderloin
The small thin ones are the best

Grill 12 minutes/side – Or broil 10-15 minutes/side

Cut into 1” medallions, check with meat thermometer

1 cup hoisin sauce, 1/4 cup shiracha overnight, Hott and fast 350 till 145 internal in the thickest part. Light dusting of rub before the pit.

y7y6uneg.jpg

My favorite is butterfly them open, flatten out, cover each one with some boudain (I like it with jalapeno), roll them into logs, and finally wrap in a bacon weave (thin bacon) and dust with rub. I smoke mine at 250-275° until the bacon is crisp. Internal temp needs to be 165° min with the boudain. The flavor is awesome.

I marinate in a mix of Italian dressing, lemon pepper, a little soy and Worcestershire sauce, and then dust with Italian seasoning before it hits the grill. Cook till its done and not a second longer. Dry pork loin is not fun.

I stuffed mine with pork sausage,wrapped in bacon,dry rubbed and cooked to 155 internal.Kinda of a tri pig tenderloin. Glazed with a sweet/heat sauce.
weber4sale010.jpg

See what ya'll did. All this talk about pork tenderloins talked me into picking some up on the way home tonight. Carried all this in the door a little after 4:00, fired up the Performer and had dinner on the table by 6:00. Definitely can be turned into a fast and tasty weeknight meal.

IMAG1058_zps1cd92cfd.jpg

See what ya'll did. All this talk about pork tenderloins talked me into picking some up on the way home tonight. Carried all this in the door a little after 4:00, fired up the Performer and had dinner on the table by 6:00. Definitely can be turned into a fast and tasty weeknight meal.

IMAG1058_zps1cd92cfd.jpg

Mmmm, I'll be right there!

If you're just looking for store bought marinade Stubb's pork one is pretty good. Usually marinating for 2-4 hours is plenty enough for me.

Back