View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #14
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchlady View Post
My understanding is that right now new (inaugural) contests can buy a one-time license, but they cannot be a State Championship. Looks like theyre moving to change that, which would draw more teams to those contests.

I'm wondering about the resurrection of the comment cards... IMO a great idea in the case of really low, really high, or out-of-whack scores...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
I totally agree. It means that it can be a qualifier and get licenced without the cost of full sanctioning and as a first year contest they only need 15 teams so they can limit applications. A lot more teams would be interested in attending. Without allowing the State Proc it's actually a drawback to be licensed as it can't be a qualifier.

Hope that answers the other post asking Thom what it means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomEmery View Post
Yep Ford Thats the deal
A new 1st year contest can hope see a much better turn out with a Royal invite and a Jack draw for its winner
You know Scottie will be there at every one of these
So then what good would paying the licensing fee do for a contest? If a non-sanctioned event has a governors proclamation and 15 teams they are a qualifier without paying for a licensing fee.
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is online now   Reply With Quote