Choice Brisket 1.81/lb

Haveuseen1?

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Went to Wal Mart at lunch today, and cruised by the briskets. They had 6 whole packers( Excel Brand ), Choice, for 1.81/lb. I picked up two nice looking ones.

Not sure if all of the Wal Mart locations have them on sale, but that is a good deal for here. Sams is 2.38/lb here. This Wal Mart is in Madison AL. I might pick up another 2 tomorrow if they still have some.

That is a great deal! I've never seen choice at Walmart around here, but I might need to go take a look.

are you kidding me????!!!! brisket goes for $4.99-$5.99 a lb over at my walmarts :(

Similar deal here in Austin. Walmart had a huge selection of packers for $1.77/lb. All excel with about 70% labeled select, and 30% labeled choice. I spied one monster choice packer that was 18.7 lbs. I hope someone who knows what they are doing grabbed that one.

Be happy!

I wish I could find a decent packer @ a decent price. Nothing here but 3lb flats & 5lb packers in the 4 & 5 dollar per lb. range.

I got a Choice Packer a Wally Weird for 1.85 lb a few weeks ago and I can not Lie it was very tasty:mrgreen: I do feel for all ya'll that cant live in God's Country. God Bless TX!!!:angel:

I got one of the Select Briskets from Walmart a couple of weeks ago and it was great!

Thanks for the heads up. I need to get an extra one for this weekend and will check them out.

Seen choice brisket at Walmart for the first time last week. Was still listed at $2.58 per pound.

Well crap, the "new" one heading towards athens off 72 or the old one off the interstate? I live by one and work by the other...heading out to investigate!

Thanks for the tip.

Nice ... At Wally world here in Phoenix ..2.59 lb select v.s. 2.59 costco for choice whole packers..Wally world 10 mins. away ..Costco 30.mins away.
Funny .. Bludawg said his last Briski was not bad from WW the last one I bought was the first from WW .. It was good ..Went back sat to get one or 2 and whoever buthered these was horrible out of 10 in the case I walked away,
the flat on some were maybe 1/2" thick ..It luck of the draw I know.

Going back at lunch today to see if they have put more out. If they have one that looks like I cant live without it, Ill have to get it.

I picked up a 10 pounder last week at Walmart for $1.81 a pound. Seems that is their discounted price when the meat is within a week of going out of date. My girlfriend said that they have them all the time like that. I haven't cooked it yet but will be very soon.

No luck all they had at the local Walmart was something they tried calling a brisket flat. Looked more like a 12" triangle for $3.08/Lb. I was hoping to take an extra brisket to a comp this week, but not @ $5.30/Lb for packers at the other stores.

I went to Super Wal-Mart at lunch. They were out of brisket. The guy dressed like a butcher said they can't keep them on the shelf. He ordered some more and should be in by the weekend. They are choise, Excel brand. Maybe I can snag one if the price is right.

Went to local Super WM yesterday at lunch. Found placard saying $1.77 per pound but the only thing in the section was three Excel packers which were mislabelled as country ribs at $3.09 per. Couldn't find anyone to ask about it. May go back today.

I ordered a Creek Stone Farms prime for a contest last week and on a whim I picked up an Excel choice from WalMart and cooked that as well. Guess which one I turned in......The WalMart one. The Creekstone one was a pile of crap and I will never order from them again. The flat was thin as hell and their was no marbleing at all.

My Wal-Mart had about 20 briskets...15 choice 5 selects...Excel brand at $1.71/lb.

Bought one at lunch but probably heading back after work for the freezer.

Back