Some Monday Night Pigbutt

bb0bbby

Reaction score
Decided to throw this beauty on the Chargriller last night around 9pm. Temp here in Ohio dropped down to 34 degrees this morning so I was worried how the Akorn would respond.

2r5zzw3.jpg

jujmts.jpg

I should have thought a little bit more about the new 15" stone I just received from Kmart. It was on sale for $12.34 so I should have known better. I had put it on the grill a few days before at about 350 and it was fine...pay for what you get.

2d7xcgo.jpg

I had my 13" luckily so I just placed it on top of the 15" after I pushed it together.

vq4heo.jpg

& now back to the game:

2nixtue.jpg

Definitely need to do the felt mod at the lower vent. I shut it for a few seconds to do a leak test...

289wwv8.jpg

Held steady all night!

2pquoh2.jpg

Ready to rest!

149cvwg.jpg

Succulent!

2mq5cvb.jpg

One of my finest.

2iuapnb.jpg

35c3a1g.jpg

wswrr4.jpg

Pork fell apart as usual but was much more moist and so flavorful this time! (not sure if outside temp or humidity had anything to do with it) Thanks for all this site offers and everyone who contributes.

Looks great! So what is this about cold weather? low 70s at night here:biggrin1:

Nice.

To me, its hard to mess-up Hog Butt but somehow people manage to do it.

'Course down here in The South, us Rednecks watched our Granddaddy's smoke Hog when we were still in diapers. I reckin it just comes natural to us....:mrgreen:

Back