View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Okay, another thing to remember when looking at places to price rent, determine if it was a restaurant before or not, if the sanitary sewer and bathrooms are up to snuff, if there is a floor sink and refrigerator drain or not.

Code in most states will require you drain all refrigerators and coolers to an air-gap type drain, at least in my state, that means a floor sink, which means you need to plumb from the fridge through the slab to the sewer. You will almost certainly need a grease interceptor as well, UBC requires it and most agencies require it as a result.

Even if it was a restaurant before, make sure it is up to code, I know of a bakery here that the owner of the land evicted, then the property owner thought, why not open it back up. $100,000 later, he was able to reopen, once he addressed all the code violations nobody thought to look for before.

By the way, used equipment, things like smokers are easy, but, when you start looking at stoves, ovens, freezers and fridges, make sure your intended purchases are up to code also. Many great deals turn out to be nightmares, I know of a school that bought a commercial stove, great deal by a 'friend' of the school. He even installed it. Except, it lacked the seismic safety equipment, and since it is installed, the school can no longer cook in it's kitchen until the stove is corrected.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote