Harpoon Judging ?

pigmaker23

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Did anyone who competed at Harpoon receive a visit from a blogger / judge after the contest boasting how "poor" the food was and how everyone presented the same "Taste" ? and in light of this decided that the scores would reflect what he thought was a poor overall effort. I am tempted to file a complaint with KCBS and was just looking for some back up.

Did anyone who competed at Harpoon receive a visit from a blogger / judge after the contest boasting how "poor" the food was and how everyone presented the same "Taste" ? and in light of this decided that the scores would reflect what he thought was a poor overall effort. I am tempted to file a complaint with KCBS and was just looking for some back up.
He is just looking for attention, ignore him

I judged at Harpoon and would not agree with that statement at all regarding "poor" food. While there were some entries that had a lot of room to improve, there were several in each category that I thought were excellent and scored as such. I visited wtih a lot of teams and shared my opinion that there was some very good food judged that day. Sounds like Sledneck is right on this. By the way, my brother has put his photos of our trip on line; [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']http://picasaweb.google.com/don.delashaw/Harpoon2008?authkey=z8l699jyPlk hopefully the link will work.[/FONT]

I was a judge at Harpoon. I have judged about a dozen competitions and the entries that I had were easily above average :-D. For example, Of the 6 chicken entries I tasted 5 were really good. In my experience I get one or two that I would say are really good.

In addition to judging many fine entries, I also met a lot of new bbq friends and drank some mighty fine Summer Brew!:-D:tongue:

I was a judge at Harpoon. I have judged about a dozen competitions and the entries that I had were easily above average :-D. For example, Of the 6 chicken entries I tasted 5 were really good. In my experience I get one or two that I would say are really good.

In addition to judging many fine entries, I also met a lot of new bbq friends and drank some mighty fine Summer Brew!:-D:tongue:
Hey Alabama, glad you made it over here. Now go to cattle call and introduse yourself

I'm not sure if I met THAT guy, but, I did meet a couple of guys and had a lot of questions for them on what they considered to be "different"......

It's really interesting to hear a judges perspective from outside your region.

Steph

Hi Steph,
DDQ is my little brother, Don. You just referred to us by our last name....

Back