Pork Loin End Roast ???????

Meat Burner

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Wifey picked up a 4 1/2 lb pork loin end roast and wanted me to smoke it.:confused: Do any brethren have some suggestions on smoking one of these. I do smaller loins for BBB but not just to smoke. Thanks for the help!!!

Stuffed loins before just wandering if a way to keep one moist by just smoking. May just cut into strips, rub with rib rub and smoke for apps. OBTW, getting ready to throw a tri tip on the weber. Good ol Montreal Steak Seasoning. Promise some pics!

Inject the roast with Tony Chachere's Praline Honey marinade and rest in the chill chest overnight. Indirect grill roast the following day at 350°F with charcoal and pecan chunks. Pull at 160°F and rest. Slice thin and enjoy with your favorite vegetable dish.

TexaQ, thanks, that sounds interesting. That is more like some ideas I was looking for. Will let you know if I do that...or something similar with the injection.

This ends up sweet and very moist. The marinade is very thick and sticky. I leave the vacuum package on the roast and inject through the package to keep as much on the roast as possible. (Lazy mod)

Houston, we have a problem!!:eek: Went to get the camera for tri tip pics I promised and realized the camera is at my office. Bummer!!! I didn't lie on purpose, just had a senior moment. It really did happen and was farkin good!!
Maybe some leftover pics tomorrow.

Houston, we have a problem!!:eek: Went to get the camera for tri tip pics I promised and realized the camera is at my office. Bummer!!! I didn't lie on purpose, just had a senior moment. It really did happen and was farkin good!!
Maybe some leftover pics tomorrow.
warninglabel_norco.jpg

Back