Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Actually some good news this morning. Contractor called and said the mechanical inspector approved the permit. Obviously, nothing going to happen at this point on Christmas eve, but hopefully the health inspector didn't take the rest of the week off and we can get something done on Thursday or something.

Oh, and a fellow brethren stopped in last night. Sorry, I can't remember your screen name, but it was nice chatting about BBQ.

WOW, what a journey! I hope it works out that you can get open by the weekend. It'll be a nice Christmas present. I read this whole post yesterday. You have more patience than I'll ever have. I wish you all the best and if I ever find myself in your neck of the woods, I'll stop by for some Q.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and it is not an on coming train..:clap2:

Lets hope the Health inspector hasn't gone on 6 months long service leave... :shock:

Hope all goes well....

Merry Christmas

Regards,

Fleetz

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Hope to see you in the next couple days Brother

Holy Crappp!!!!!! This has been one hell of a fiasco!!! I just sat and read all 52 pages of this ( X-Mas morning nice and quiet ) and wow were your original projections of Aug way off. They seem accurate at the time though. I think it will all worth it in the end. Hey can you do delivery only till the inspections pass? Have one of your employees run food till ya open.

Merry Christmas and a profitable New Year to all!

Here's to hoping that you get cleared to open up this week.:thumb: Maybe one of these days/years I can pursue the same if I could ever get the wife on board.

This story was a very interesting read. Best of luck to you, and thanks a great deal for sharing your experiences.

When it rains it pours, eh? I had to cancel three whole brisket orders yesterday because the smoker broke down. I've got one big party I'm supposed to cater tomorrow and they need to know by 1pm today whether or not I'll be able to cook it. Luckily, I THINK I just got everything fixed and up and running, but I need to do a lot of testing to make sure it's really going to work for tomorrow.

I sure hope 2014 treats me better.

When it rains it pours, eh? I had to cancel three whole brisket orders yesterday because the smoker broke down. I've got one big party I'm supposed to cater tomorrow and they need to know by 1pm today whether or not I'll be able to cook it. Luckily, I THINK I just got everything fixed and up and running, but I need to do a lot of testing to make sure it's really going to work for tomorrow.

I sure hope 2014 treats me better.

Well, that was reply 777 to the OP so I'm thinking good fortune awaits you. :thumb::thumb: Might want to go play a slot too...

Back