View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default First conversation with health inspector: great news

Ill keep this brief. I talked to my local HD inspector today and got great news. I've been looking at dropping between $2000 and $4000 on a self contained, LP powered 4 bay sink setup for farmers market or roadside vending in PA. After some input from Tom Christine from Smoken Dudes I called my inspector.

My inspector said that all I need on site is a hand washing setup with water temps over 100 degrees and three basins/tubs for wash/rinse/sanitize. I don't need an HD certified kitchen as a base of operations. And I don't need an elaborate sink system on site. She also approved the idea of me setting up a three bay sink in my garage with a dedicated hot water heater for after event cleanup.

The plan right now is brisket, pork butts, and ribs from a Meadowcreek TS250. By the pound/rack or on Sammie's with chips and sodas as sides. Might add coleslaw and beans on the side down the line. Hoping to be off the ground in a year.