Cured Apple/Sausage Stuffed Pork Chops

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I cured some thick boneless chops with tenderquick for 2 hours....

002-20-1.jpg

Made a stuffing by cooking some onion and garlic in butter, adding chopped apples, then browned sausage and seasoned bread crumbs...

020-10-1.jpg

021-12-1.jpg

Then I rinsed the cure off of the chops and cut a pouch for the filling...

046-12-1.jpg

Into my drum smoker with some apple wood...

108-1.jpg

They smoked at 300 degrees for a little over an hour...

147-1.jpg

The cure makes the chops moist...

160-1.jpg

161-1-1.jpg

Thanks for checking out my chops!

You had me at "stuffed chops!" Dang Cowgirl, those look incredible!! You know I'd hit that! How bout a little info on that dessert. Looks equally yummy. NICE.........:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I'd like to compliment you having the ability to make me hungry at any time of day or night.

Wow! Apples seem to be everywhere this weekend. Great chops!

Very Nice CowGirl! Those chops got me lickin my chops:eusa_clap

That looks delicious ...great fall recipe. Did the TenderQuick make the chops noticeably salty at all?

Nice chops Cowgirl! Got three pigs going to the butcher the end of this month and
at least one of them is going to be sportin your stuffing.
Thanks for the pron.

Stuffed Chops

The chops look awesome! Recipe looks easy enough. Will save it ! Tell me about this tenderquick. I've seen it mentioned on a few threads. Is it like Adolphs meat tenderizer? Why do you wash it off? Who makes it? Can I buy it at the grocery? :oops: Sorry to ask so many questions. Just curious how it works,what it does to the meat!:confused:
By the way, made a fatty piston this week. Got a fatty, and a chucky in the cooker right now.
Thanks for all your pics. and your help! :biggrin:

Everything looks great... and the dumplings are killer! I'm doing dumplings today, too.

Back