Thread: Is it worth it?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
The Cosmic Pig
is one Smokin' Farker

I'm staring retirement in the face (within the next 1 -2 years) and would also love to give it a shot for some extra income (read, to pay for health insurance, mostly). I just want to do some catering, and maybe a couple of weekends a month of roadside. Anyways, my "plan," if you can call it that, is to have nothing more than a mobile kitchen, which satisfies the HD here for most applications. In other words, I'm only going to jump in with "one foot;" if it works and I like it, I keep it up. If not, I sell out and try something else. There ARE ways to get in to the business without risking the farm, so to speak. My ex and I were in the catering business until she got lazy, and we actually did pretty well, so I do have some knowledge of how things work. I was also working full time at that time. If the catering would have been my full time job, I think it would have been quite enjoyable and even more successful! Being your own boss can be very rewarding in its own right, and your hard work pays off - which is not always the case in corporate America. So yes, it can be worth it! Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
[B]WSM 18.5[/B]
[B]Weber One-Touch Gold [/B]
[B]Smokey Joe Silver[/B]
The Cosmic Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->