Cold weather cook

Those legs look great! The mini is such a versatile cooker. :hungry:

18°F here and I've got a bigger bird on the spit.

IMG_20131206_154329_198-PP.jpg

About to do me some chicken, too. -3 and dropping. One of the guys at work asked me why I would be grilling tonight. He said "It's not even grilling season". Grilling has a season?

About to do me some chicken, too. -3 and dropping. One of the guys at work asked me why I would be grilling tonight. He said "It's not even grilling season". Grilling has a season?

Grilling season is late spring through early fall. Right now it is late spring in the southern hemisphere. The fact that WE aren't in the southern hemisphere doesn't matter.

It's just like drinking -- It's five o'clock somewhere.

That chicken does look good! I think I'm hungry now. I will probably fire up the smoker before the weekend is over. And it will be COLD whenever I do according to the weatherman.

Both of those chickens look great.

Many years back in my single days home was a trailer court. Middle of winter I was just finishing a chicken on my 18.5 Weber kettle. When I stepped onto the deck to pull it in----there was raw chicken on the grate. My neighbors (good friends) fessed up, seems they had been smelling my grilling all winter and couldn't stand it any more. Nabbed my cooked bird and replaced with raw.:-o

Grilling season is late spring through early fall. Right now it is late spring in the southern hemisphere. The fact that WE aren't in the southern hemisphere doesn't matter.

It's just like drinking -- It's five o'clock somewhere.

^That's True Factual Information Right There.

Yep. We got it pretty good. Chill factor is only going to minus 10, but it's a dry cold :))

Great looking chicken! I agree with ya on the Amarillo weather.

Back