Cooking CAB Vs. Wagyu

I want to try one, Where is everybody getting them?

I have bought two from Williams Sonoma and have been satisfied. They aren't as big as the ones I was getting from Snake River Farms, but they are a very nice product.

We have done well with regular briskets and with wagyu. I have generally gotten more consistent briskets with the wagyu, but I'm undecided if they justify the extra cash. In terms of cooking time, wagyu seems to finish 1-2 hours faster than a comparable choice brisket, but the cooking temp and finish temp are about same for a low and slow cook.

I've smoked plenty of Waygu's with C.A.B.s !:becky:

We cooked Wagyu last year and had several walks but no wins. We switched to CABs this year because of skyrocketing prices and have done much better. Paying less and finishing higher is nice!

I suppose it's what you get used to cooking. We are very comfortable with the Wagyu and prefer the flavor, especially with about 4 to 6 weeks age on them.

I know ive beat a ton of Wagyu with my $1.25 frozen CAB briskets... learn how to cook a brisket. Wagyu arent some pixie dust brisket. You still have to cook them right.

Dang $1.25 is cheap. Best price I've ever managed to get was $1.79 case price.

Back