Pulled pork stir fry on my camping wok

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hands some friends over last night so decided to cook outdoors since it was really nice (82) out. Setup my 22" wok on the grass and got ready.
If you are wondering, that is a Mirror Pond Pale Ale just screaming "Drink me!".
woksetup.jpg

Chopped up some onions, red and orange peppers, celery, carrots, Napa cabbage and threw it in the wok with 3T of Sweet red chili sauce.
Prepork.jpg

Let that cook for about 4 minutes then threw in about 1.75lb of pulled pork.

withporkbest.jpg

I then served it over Chinese noodles that had been mixed with the following ingredients.
noodleingredients.jpg

It was a big hit. The sweet chili sauce is great! If you are interested in the recipe, I got it from here:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-and-spicy-pork-and-napa-cabbage-stir-fry-with-spicy-noodles/

The below picture is actually my lunch today of leftovers....
plated.jpg

That Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce is awesome stuff. Even with plain jane egg rolls, it is a great accompaniment.

Nice grub, the wok is sooo shiny, tooo shiny! Nice food though.

Nice looking food Marty!

Thanks for the info on the sweet chili sauce....will definitely be looking for that at the Asian market.

Btw: where did you get your camping wok? I don't think I've seen that at REI. :becky:

Bruce

Nice stir fry Marty! and a nice little set up too. If that were mine I have a feeling it would be no where near that clean. :grin:

It all looks great, and that Mirror Pond is making me thirsty :becky:.

I wonder what happened to my stainless steel wok? I had one. I tend to use carbon steel. I want a nice wok burner like that.

You've got a pretty cool setup there!

Another great use for the Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce is for serving it on the side with a roasted or fried chicken! Try mixing it up with some rice as well!

You've got a pretty cool setup there!

Another great use for the Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce is for serving it on the side with a roasted or fried chicken! Try mixing it up with some rice as well!

I've already got sweet and spicy wings on the agenda....

Back