• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Suggestion next step up from a food saver for vacuum sealing

$billBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Could use a little help, I have a V3000 food saver and while it works great for small jobs and can't handle large jobs. Say I cook 10 ish pork butts then I look to bag them in 2 lb portions what I find with the food saver is it starts to over heat and melt the bags plus the drip tray gets clogged up with the pork juice after just a couple of bags.

I was looking at the Ary Vacmaster but was n't sure what model I need or do not want to buy a new unit and run into the same issue i have with the food saver now

Any other brands or models I should be looking at?

THanks for help - Bill

After doing my research I got a MVS 45 from minipack great unit/time saver they also have smaller modeles

Several Brethren say very good things about Weston sealers although I understand you need to use their bags, not Foodsaver's.

Weston 65-0201 Pro-2300 Vacuum Sealer, Silver

Several Brethren say very good things about Weston sealers although I understand you need to use their bags, not Foodsaver's.

Weston 65-0201 Pro-2300 Vacuum Sealer, Silver

I have Used a Weston Pro-2300 for years, I use Weston, Foodsaver, Rival, Ary, and Vacmaster bags. All work well in the Weston with no problems.

Thanks everyone for the advice -- looks like I will be on the hunt for the weston.

I have a Vacmaster VP215 and love it. It is spendy but a chamber sealer is fantastic. Plus, with a chamber sealer you don't have to use the fancy textured bags so vac bags are dirt cheap. You will get your money out of the deal.

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

Back