No parsley turn in box

MI Smoke

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anybody have any pics of turn in boxes not using parsley?
I don't care if its KCBS or not.

Ten minutes and one head of green leaf lettuce.

20130316_140739_zps7d19f186.jpg

When garnish is open, I always go for kale. Pretty, fast and impervious to heat. Just grab a bunch, squeeze tightly and cut a strip off the top. Put in box and repeat until you have an even, crinkled kale carpet!

When garnish is open, I always go for kale. Pretty, fast and impervious to heat. Just grab a bunch, squeeze tightly and cut a strip off the top. Put in box and repeat until you have an even, crinkled kale carpet!

Agreed! Scratch my lettuce idea. Somehow I missed that this isn't for KCBS. If I could use Kale in KCBS I would do it in a heartbeat.

Here is a box that was posted on the BBQ.Critic website that doesn't look that great, but shows without any garnish. Just looks like it is missing something!

Attachments

• 2569285_orig.jpg
    2569285_orig.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 156
Thanks - This chicken box was from the Smokin' in Mesquite BBQ Comp 2012. I ended up taking 2nd - there was a little sauce on top but too late to do anything about it so I just turned it in. Since then I have been building them a little more shallow in the middle.

Here is all of our boxes last comp we did cheffonod (strips) lettuce appearance in all boxes were all 9 except 1 judge in ribs gave us a 8

Attachments

• rfc.jpg
    rfc.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 138
  • rfr.jpg
    rfr.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 137
  • rfp.jpg
    rfp.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 137
  • rfb.jpg
    rfb.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 137
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69374&highlight=Lettuce+fairway

I remembered the above due to the parsley ban of 2012. The called them fairways. The user has another thread where they go through the step by step.

You should keyword search FBA turn in boxes. Those boys can fill a 9x9 like no one else. A brethren member named smokincracker can fill a pork box and make you want to stand over it like the alpha male wolf at the kill. :-D:grin:

Last edited:
Back