Farkin Kidney Stones messed up my brisket..

Pyrotech

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
well, not the stones themselves, but the pain killers. Last weekend I was feeling pretty good after battling a round of kidney stones, so I decided to throw a brisket on the smoker.

Part way through the pain returns, So I take the meds given by the doctor. Somewhere over the course of the remainder of the cook I let the pit overshoot temp, and I end up with over cooked brisket.

Overcooked as in can't pick it up with out it falling apart into strands of beef. Shredded brisket did make for some killer tacos though.

The bright side is you made some killer tacos and there is nothing wrong with that!

When life gives you lemons, make some killer tacos!

As tough as some briskets I've tried from people around my area have been I think we need to hand out the pain killers to loosen'em up! LOL!!

I know what you mean with the kidney stones! But, pain killers don't do mine any good. They DO however make all my other pains go away so I can deal with the hot knife running around my side.:mrgreen:

Man, I feel you brother, kidney stones SUCK. brisket tacos however, do NOT suck! :-D

Turning overcooked Brisket into tacos, chili, quesadilas, fajitas is recycling good meat! nothing wrong with that! and hope your stones go away soon!

Congrats on the Tacos! Sorry for the kidney stones.

Kidney stones will flat put you down for the count when the pain ramps up. This gives you another excuse to cook something else next weekend.

Back