View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #61
kenthanson
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
I think this discussion shows what I heard on a local news spot the other night with regards to our society. We have become a much more demanding society. In the case of food and restaurants. We want/demand royalty type service or we throw temper tantrums either in the restaurant or on a review site such as Yelp or Urbanspoon. We want fine dining for fast food type prices. We want a top notch meal served in drive thru time.

I'm glad I don't own a restaurant or any type of vending/catering business. When we do tradeshows to push our products I see first hand how rude, crude and arrogant people are. It never fails. When we're sampling there's going to be those who feel the need to walk up to you and tell you why they like product "A" better than yours. Yet when you ask them have they even tried yours they answer "no". Then you've got the arrogant health nuts who get upset because your product isn't "gluten free", "sugar free", "fat free", "calorie free" etc. Or the classic d-bag who makes it a point to walk up to you (having no intentions of sampling) just to let you know that "He makes his own bbq sauce" and yours isn't no where as good as his. Yet he's never tried yours and refuses to when you ask him to.

People can be very crude and it seems grocery stores and restaurants are the places where they feel they are obligated to be that way.
This reminded me of this story

http://www.grubstreet.com/2013/04/ne...kerfuffle.html

Thanks from:--->