Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB_brew

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Brad and I have been cooking, grilling and all-grain brewing for years. I have done ribs on my Weber kettle, but was never really satisfied with the effort. Now I have been cooking on my 36’ DCS gas grill for quite awhile (so the wife threw out my perfectly good Weber). It has its own smoker draw and burner. I love it. On two different occasions I have tried doing a brisket on it with fairly good success. But controlling the temperature was a constant 10 hour job. I have desired to do a lot more low and slow smoking and have been dreaming about getting a smoker for over three years now. So, when I finally came up with the means, $$$$, I ordered a 30" electric smoke box (still anxiously waiting delivery).

I have been reading your post for a couple of days now and decided I had to join your fun. The first thing I learned is that I did things backwards: I ordered my smoker before I discovered you for consultation.

I know you are serious when I see pictures of BBQing in the snow with temps around zero. I know what that is like because I grew up in Iowa. But this weekend I was barefoot and in shorts grilling a London broil at my home in Glendale, AZ.

Thanks, already,

Brad

Welcome to our crazy little club house! As I type this it is a balmy 31 degrees in Des Moines --- farkin' heat wave :p.

Welcome, lots of BBQ guys are home brewers. huh.

Or maybe its just people that really like cooking just eventually gravitate to making beer and or wine?

Welcome, lots of BBQ guys are home brewers. huh.

Or maybe its just people that really like cooking just eventually gravitate to making beer and or wine?

i've noticed that. lots more than i ever anticipated.

Welcome from Indiana!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back