Pretty Good BBQ 2012, Dayton, Ohio

I think I will be able to attend this year but.........the no alcohol part gave me the shakes just thinkin' about it:shock:

All I have to offer as far as a cooker is a UDS. I'm a good prep cook though.

Keep me posted.:grin:

Hopefully since Scott is retired he put some of those stories in a book..........training sessions with scott.

Deer chili will be during afternoon.

Kind of like sitting around the campfire at night telling ghost stories!
Not sure yet how our schedule is shaping up but will definitely try to make it again if I can.

Gary, it won't be as bad as you think. :) And a UDS is great to bring along... I'm hoping to have lots of cooking space, but the more people, the better.

Scott, I hope you can make it this year. We need someone to keep those other Michiganders in line!

A really good time with alot of Good People.....

Attachments

• me bubba bandit (Medium).jpg
    me bubba bandit (Medium).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 207
  • bubba me pat (Medium).jpg
    bubba me pat (Medium).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 208
  • the gang (Medium).jpg
    the gang (Medium).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCI0422 (Medium).JPG
    DSCI0422 (Medium).JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCI0416 (Medium).JPG
    DSCI0416 (Medium).JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCI0408 (Medium).JPG
    DSCI0408 (Medium).JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 203
The one thing that can be said is that's it's not a particularly good looking group of people, though.

The one thing that can be said is that's it's not a particularly good looking group of people, though.

That's because I was in only one picture, and I was covered up for the most part.

There will be at least one rep from the Wyocena Yacht Club Curt. Of course, I'll have 4 WSMs so y'all can taste authentic BBQ.

:becky:

That's because I was in only one picture, and I was covered up for the most part.

There will be at least one rep from the Wyocena Yacht Club Curt. Of course, I'll have 4 WSMs so y'all can taste authentic BBQ.

Your WSMs will be appreciate, even if you are an authentic PITA! :-D

You are in more than one Habormaster...glad you are coming......

It's not set yet, but will likely be beavercreek.
Not that I can influence the decision at all, but I spoke with Hogsbreath and we both thought that we had a great outreach oppurtunity/presence when we cooked at the downtown campus.

Just my $.02

Agree... half the fun was the contact with the community onsite.

Half of the fun was the support from the local law enforcement.
jon

Them boys could eat some BBQ! :cool:

What became a Brethren classic among the LEO's... :becky:

The expression on their faces in response of one of their questions what's on the smoker...
"We're smoking a fatty at the moment." :shocked::shocked::shocked:

My .02 is I would like the downtown spot also............it was meant to help the poor why do it in a suburb.....and does it not help the little church instaed of helping the bigger one.

But all in all I am looking forward to seeing everyone............Deer Chili Sat day and night and Goetta for breakfast hopefully. Maybe some goat chili......

The little church and the bigger church are the same church, just different locations.

I've put in my thoughts already, but it's up to the church where it will be done, and there are potentially insurance, liability and other reasons why we may not be allowed to be there overnight again. I'll let everyone know. There's a good chance that, since it will be you all again instead of just local guys, that we'll have it in Dayton again, but the final decision is out of my hands. I think the presence of all of you there makes a difference.

If you don't mind, if you're thinking about coming and have a carry conceal license that's valid in Ohio (reciprocity laws and all), PM me to let me know.

At 3am they (cops) were walking acroos field saying "We are here for the Fatties"

What became a Brethren classic among the LEO's... :becky:

The expression on their faces in response of one of their questions what's on the smoker...
"We're smoking a fatty at the moment." :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Back