I'm a proud father!!!

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Today I teached my son Anthony how to cook on the his Mini WSM. Safety,Fire management, and basic prep. He is only 6 so Im not sure how much he will remember. The good thing is he asked when were we cooking again and that he wants to help...

We did Cornish game hen today...
Its only my son and my daughter Bianca this week since wife is away on business.

Seasoned with webers beer can chicken, then decided to do a basic brine.

Got the fire started..

on the mini they go...

it held steady @ 275. ? Had him check every 20 min to see if was ok...

after 45 min..

another action shot

Finished!!

plated with chorizo beans and jalapeno. last minute i decided to add spicy bbq sauce I had. Thanks for looking. I do things a little different bbq sauce and beans LOL!!

Very cool and great job to him (and to you, Dad). I am teaching my kids the same thing right now. Regardless of what they retain, it's great father-kid time and always time well spent.

I'm going to show this to my teenager to shame him.

BTW: Your son has excellent taste in baseball AND football teams!!!!!!

Very cool, nice cook, and really, does it matter how much he learned, other than that cooking with the old man is cool and fun.

Good taste in food and football.
Well done, Dad

You are a good dad. These are the memories that will serve the two of you well when the teens have a tendency to cause stress. The more you share each others interests, the stronger the bond.

nice! my 6 year old likes to help me cook too--that's always fun for me.

I'm curious about those chorizo beans...could you share some details?

I'm a proud father!!! And you should be! That's a great time with the kids and you will be surprised that something as simple as cooking little chickens will build so much self confidence and pride of accomplishment. These are valuable learning lessons; does my heart good to know there are parents that really care and are doing the kid raising thing right. Give youself a pat on the back - well deserved:grouphug:

Last edited:
It's great to see a kid learning to cook. :thumb:

But, you lose parenting points for letting him be a Cowboy's fan. :becky:

CD

It's great to see a kid learning to cook. :thumb:

But, you lose parenting points for letting him be a Cowboy's fan. :becky:

CD

Plus 100. Cowgirl jerseys make good fire starters. Good job on teaching him to cook though.

Back