BBQ sauce contest

K

Knuckle Lickin Good

I am looking for a mail in contest to enter in my sauces, I have 2 sauces that are currently being used in BBQ cook offs, one sauce for Ribs and the other on chicken.

best of the best was this past weekend. those are mailed in a few weeks in advance of the contest

My understanding ( based on being at the awards ceremony for the Best of the Best sauce competition) is that the Best of the Best sauce contest is ONLY for sauces that have been "invited". Meaning that the sauces have already won a contest (or finished high) in one of the several sanctioning organizational contests.

Wish I could tell you were to send them, but I think that your best bet is to find a local contest where sauce is being judged and start there. I've judged sauces at both KCBS and MBN contests, so those are two LARGE organizations where you might check. I'm sure other bbq organizations have sauce contests also.

sauce competition

Lynn H,
Thanks, We entered 3 of our sauces in the Marksville Contest, under 3 different teams, Won 2nd, 5th, and 6th.

Thank you BBQ Tom, it is really good sauce, something different... Just trying to get the word out you know.

Thanks again have a great day!

My wife and i are two of the teams that turned in two different Daigle Family Sauces straight out of the bottle and took 2nd and 5th place in the sauce category at Louisiana's Largest IBCA competition. They are a "Certified Cajun" product and are making some good stuff. You can find them on the internet by searching for Daigle Family Sauce or cajunsweetandsoursauce.com.

The link to their site is up on the labbq.org site! It looks like a lot of local stores have their sauce - hopefully I can try it this weekend!

Lynn H.

Back