View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 01:55 PM   #57
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankB View Post
Ah... I hope I didn't let my excitement get ahead of me. It occurs to me that I've offered to make something for an audience who knows like no other how good these can be and it will immediately be obvious to them if I miss the mark.

I've learned in the past that the key to doing anything well is to practice. I'll start today with a pork belly and see how that goes. ;) I would hate to learn from mistakes in August.

Do we have a page somewhere that lists what folks like myself have foolishly volunteered to bring? That would be useful for planning. Unless we plan an ad-hoc competition, it would be nice to have folks bring different things rather have a dozen or so bring ribs (or something popular like that.)
We don't judge. I tend to try something new each year. That is half the fun!

As far as when folks are bringing, check out the sign up sheet link in my signature.

In fact, EVERYONE should check it out and update it!

SAVE THE DATE!!! Saturday, January 25, 2020 - BBQ Brethren Chicago Area Mid Winter Lunch

Naked Fatties Rock!

4x Hunsaker Cans/PK360 X 2/Southern Q Limo Elite/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Good-One Model 42/WSM/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/BS Pizza Oven
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->