2019 Fall SW Bash Planning

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It's about time to start working on plans for the next SouthWest Brethren Bash!

Anybody have a preferred weekend?

Good morning Marc,
For me mid to late October would be dest for me. September is out. My son is going to be heading off to the Navy in September but no ship out date yet. Family coming in from Missouri for Balloon Fiesta beginning of October.

How's the weekend of 12-13 October look for folks?

14 October is Columbus Day

General location? And how far from the nearest airport? What is the nearest airport?

Thanks for the gut check, Scott.

I've been away, and that's a great point. I haven't been to a Balloon Fiesta (Fiasco!? HA!) in almost 15 years.

Should we check to 19-20 Oct?

So, I'm good with either weekend. I won't be ballooning this year. I will be a spectator the first weekend of Fiesta. I'm not sure of the location this year. I don't mind anywhere that's not cold. I would suggest we stay out of the mountains. I'm also going to post something in Q-Talk to try to bring in some of the newer SW members.

I pinged Gringo Loco this morning, told him about the proposed dates for the bash - The Iron Door BBQ side gig is going well, selling out every day so far. Either weekend works for me, getting out of town on a Fiasco weekend has its merits. Any venue ideas? I agree the mountains will be chilly...

Marc, were you ever able to check out the group site at Oasis State park?

I have stayed at the campground several times but I have never went by the group site. The campgrounds are clean and well kept. It was just a thought.

I have stayed at the campground several times but I have never went by the group site. The campgrounds are clean and well kept. It was just a thought.

I just saw this is their Restrictions Page - "Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove is prohibited except in State Park developed camp and picnic grounds where grills and stoves are provided by the State Park"

Can you confirm that they have grills in the Campground?

I just saw this is their Restrictions Page - "Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove is prohibited except in State Park developed camp and picnic grounds where grills and stoves are provided by the State Park"

Can you confirm that they have grills in the Campground?

They have grills at the camp sites.

Hey Everyone!!

Sorry I been REAL busy lately and not on the form!!
Any thoughts about Elephant Butte or Caballo Lake? Close Abq, and El Paso!! Shouldn't be to cold. Hotels close by.

Back