View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 10:59 AM   #5
nweave2614
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Nick

I just bought a cabinet style smoker and I went with the LSG Mini, I had seriously considered the ironside slugger since I wanted to be able to cook on wood only but after reading some people do a 70/30 and even up to a 60/40 split on their LSG's I figured I could get a good smoke flavor and LSG had some features that I really liked.

I have cooked on mine 3 times now and every time it has not disappointed, the food has been excellent. I run a fireboard so the temp control is easy for me, it will fluctuate in about a 15 degree band as the fan kicks on and off.

The biggest cook I did was on the 4th of July I loaded the mini with the following.

6 racks of spares
10 lb pork shouder
14 lb brisket
5 lb pork belly burnt ends
2 fatties

It was the most meat I had ever cooked at once and the Mini ran like a champ all day.

I ordered mine with all of the extra racks and rails and I will say that my only complaint at this point is that I cannot get a full depth pan in between each rack with it fully loaded, they are about a quarter inch to close together, I have to jam the pan in there to make it fit. I have not been able to find full size pans that are like medium depth but when I do it will be perfect.
nweave2614 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->