North Carolina added to MABA

Slamdunkpro

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
In a Special Meeting The Mid Atlantic BBQ Association Board of Directors voted to add the State of North Carolina to the MABA service area beginning in 2013. All MABA, BBQ Brethren & KCBS 4 meat events held in North Carolina will now accrue MABA Team of the Year points. Depending on North Carolina membership additions a North Carolina MABA cup will be held in 2013.

Welcome North Carolina

Sweet! I remember the lively discussion about this at the MABA Annual Meeting in 2011 when Mike Richter brought up the idea of adding North Carolina! I thought it was a great idea when Mike brought it up and I think this is a great idea now!

WOOHOO.... now to scrape together some change and get my membership application in.....

Please pardon my ignorance, but what does this truly mean? My understanding is that it has absolutely no effect on KCBS or MBN or NCPC or NCBS or SBN or any other "sanctioned" competition in North Carolina, so is this just so that teams competing in KCBS here in NC can also be in the running for MABA TOY? Just wondering.

Please pardon my ignorance, but what does this truly mean? My understanding is that it has absolutely no effect on KCBS or MBN or NCPC or NCBS or SBN or any other "sanctioned" competition in North Carolina, so is this just so that teams competing in KCBS here in NC can also be in the running for MABA TOY? Just wondering.

For right now your understanding is correct. We did this in response to numerous requests from cook's in North Carolina and from our members in VA who also cook in North Carolina.

Back