Ribs, Tips and a Bacon-wrapped Fattie for Dinner (Pron, of course!)

cgwaite

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Been needing to practice my Rib techniques on the new WSM, so today was the day. Made a quick run to Sam's for six slabs and the makings for a bacon-wrapped fattie.

Here is the Ribs after trimming and rubbing, ready for the WSM:

WSM2-005a.jpg

and here are the Tips:

WSM2-003a.jpg

Here are the Ribs, just placed into the WSM (lower shelf):

WSM2-009a.jpg

The Tips and the Fattie on the upper shelf:

WSM2-010a.jpg

Four hours later, we have the results:

Tips and Fattie:
WSM2-012a.jpg

Ribs:
WSM2-013a.jpg

Resting:
WSM2-015a.jpg

Sliced Ribs:
WSM2-016a.jpg

The Fattie:
WSM2-019a.jpg

The Fattie, sliced:
WSM2-022a.jpg

All in all, it was a good practice. I need to take a little more care on my trimming, and next time I don't think I'll load the cooker up so much. Flavor was good, but I want to improve on the results, so there will be more practices coming soon!

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me along the way. Without your assistance, this cook would not have been as successful as it was. Now I have to find some paper towels and clean off my keyboard and camera! :icon_blush:

Everything looks great. I'm going to have to try a fattie soon. What did you stuff it with. Looks great.

When you're done with the paper towels send them here; I need them to wipe the tongue marks off my monitor...

All in all, it was a good practice. I need to take a little more care on my trimming, and next time I don't think I'll load the cooker up so much. Flavor was good, but I want to improve on the results, so there will be more practices coming soon!

You know you still produced better BBQ than just about anything you'll find at a BBQ joint. Everything looked good to me!

That Fattie looks slammin.....I need to make a fattie or 2 or 3 very soon, it's been too long.

Back