Sunday Snacks, Dinner and PR0N

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well today I finsihed the weekend cook. Also figured out why I was chasing temps in my WSM. Wind and cold were the varmants. Moved the cooker to the front of the garage door and problem solved. On the menu today was, bacon wrapped pineapple, ABTS, stuffed with last nights pork and cheese, MOINKS and a 3.5# English Roast. Thanks again to Ron L :thumb::thumb: for the tips on the roast. I missed the 135* point, but still it came out tender and juicy. I could not beleive how thin I could slice it. Before and after PR0N.

Last edited:
Nice job, Bluesman! It doesn't look like you missed 135 by much! I'd hit that roast any day!

Fine feasting fare.:thumb:

That roast looks perfect enough for me.:clap2:

Bluesman, that looks very very good. Is that cut like a thick chuck roast? English roast is not familiar to me. Thanks.

Bluesman, that looks very very good. Is that cut like a thick chuck roast? English roast is not familiar to me. Thanks.

I was not familiar with it either. Here's is what I got form the Cooks Thesaraus

shoulder roast = shoulder pot roast = English roast Notes: This boneless cut is located right behind the arm roast on the carcass. It's rather tough, so it's usually cooked in a liquid. Substitutes: arm roast OR bottom round OR cross rib roast

For being a tough cut it looks amazingly tender at mid rare! Hats off to the chef. Great cook

shoulder roast = shoulder pot roast = English roast Notes: This boneless cut is located right behind the arm roast on the carcass. It's rather tough, so it's usually cooked in a liquid. Substitutes: arm roast OR bottom round OR cross rib roast

Looks great!:cool: Wind is the greatest enemy to a WSM. Well, ok, rain is really bad too.

Back