Lsg

THAT is a hell of a way to learn... i like your style!!.

Get a feel for the temperature zones of that pit, where is hotter or cooler, then find the temp your pit likes to run (my shirley offset settles in around 260 MUCH better than 230). Once u and ur pit are in sync, then you put the meats in the proper place on the grills depending on what you are cooking.

Watch ur smoke coming out of the stack to tell you if its a good fire burning.

thats about it really. :)

rb

Congrats. I'm also waiting for the "we started building " email from LSG. Seems like there are a lot of new LSG owners.

Congratulations and welcome to the LSG family. Like Smitty said don't stress over temps. You will soon learn that chasing that "perfect temp" takes the fun out of stick burning, expect temp swings based on the cook chamber load, humidity, ambient air temp, wind and fuel. Regardless if your cooker settles in at 225 or 325 the results will be great.

These words should be etched in stone. All 1000% true.

That makes me feel better about the temp fluctuations since I saw that with my 20x42. I really like the way it cooks and can control the temp overall.

It's almost like expecting a new baby... not really... but it is exciting for us BBQ nuts.

Back