Trailer with different pits on it?

Fch619

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has a trailer with pits from different builders on it? I have a pit maker safe and a grill from Klose. Thought about ordering a no frame Lang. Was thinking about mounting them on a trailer together so i can have everything i want in one, but I wasn't sure if this is " politically correct" in the world of BBQ comp. Anyone out there doing anything like this?

Thanks! I'm just getting into comps and I've seen people use different cookers but never on the same trailer. Just don't want to offend a particular builder, I know these guys take pride in their products, but I just couldn't decide on one specific pit builder since they all have different things I like about them.

Who cares, if you can make it work, do it!!!

I had the same idea last year for my DPP clone and Battle Box. But decided against it only because I didn't have the time or money to buy a new trailer frame and mount everything to it.

I wasn't sure if this is " politically correct" in the world of BBQ comp.

^^^^^^aint that a double negative or sumpthen? :laugh:^^^^^

Heck naw! Put what ever works for you on it. It's awesome to go to a comp and see the hardware people run with. Make your own "Battle Wagon"!

Thanks! I'm just getting into comps and I've seen people use different cookers but never on the same trailer. Just don't want to offend a particular builder, I know these guys take pride in their products, but I just couldn't decide on one specific pit builder since they all have different things I like about them.

Comp teams do it all the time. I use a Jambo and have a Humphreys on order to be a rib cooker. I know a World Champ who uses an Assassin and a Backwoods. Use whatever you want. No one will care.

I wish I had a trailer mounted with all my different cookers. That would be awesome!

I have a Stumps Baby and a Superior SS-1 living together in my enclosed comp trailer. They get along just fine.

It's your trailer. Use what you're most comfortable with, even if it's different manufacturers. I don't think anyone will mind.

attachment.php
Was wondering if anyone has a trailer with pits from different builders on it? I have a pit maker safe and a grill from Klose. Thought about ordering a no frame Lang. Was thinking about mounting them on a trailer together so i can have everything i want in one, but I wasn't sure if this is " politically correct" in the world of BBQ comp. Anyone out there doing anything like this?
my lang and abs barbecube. Maybe for sell? Found the lang so easy to use,need one bigger.

Last edited:
I put my both mini's and UDS in my car sometimes, Does that count? Oh wait...only one builder involved! :doh:

Get creative!!! :-D

Guess I got caught up in thinking I HAD to have a trailer made by one specific builder. Glad to see others mix n match. Can't wait to start piecing this thing together:-D

Back