New Trailer and Assassin are here! (photos)

bmikiten

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Thanks for Jeff at Assassin and the fine folks at Cookshack, I've got my new trailer ready to go. Both were VERY helpful during the purchase process and communication was great. I've got the trailer ready and we plan to start competing locally in the next month. The FEC 100 is mounted inside and can be rolled out through the back door if needed. The Assassin sits on the back porch and is rolled off for cooking. We are doing a test cook this week and can't wait to taste the results!

Attachments

• IMG_3932.jpg
    IMG_3932.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_3933.jpg
    IMG_3933.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_3934.jpg
    IMG_3934.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_3935.jpg
    IMG_3935.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 695
Great looking setup. Where'd you get the trailer?

Last edited:
The trailer is from a company in Georgia called LKN Trailer sales. It appears that all trailers are made either in Georgia or Florida! Great build quality.

I've ordered pretty much the same trailer from the same company, only a different color. They're telling me mine will be ready for pick-up Friday.

Lets see some inside pics!

I have the same trailer it is not square the axles are bowed and the shocks on the doors broke after 3 months you will regret buying from them worst purchase I have ever done and it leaks

I have the same trailer it is not square the axles are bowed and the shocks on the doors broke after 3 months you will regret buying from them worst purchase I have ever done and it leaks

Really? I checked them out and got great reviews. Did you get them to repair it?

Really? I checked them out and got great reviews.

Same here. Nothing but good reviews and people seemed to be really happy with their trailers. This is the first complaint I've heard of. Although, the salesman did tell me they went through several designs before getting it "right" on the concession doors.

They fixed the leak or I thought after I took it back 7 hrs one way still leaks a little around the concession window. The axles are bowed but have happened after the one year warranty. The doors on back I couldn't get fixed had to do myself Gary at South Georgia is horrible. The only plus is the guy that finished inside did an excellent job. Hopefully they worked everything out I will never buy another from Lkn or South Georgia. I will have to find someone here to replace the axles soon.

How long is the trailer? My back doors look bigger than yours which might be why shocks broke because of too much weight

Just curious, but why do you roll the smoker off the trailer to cook? I thought that was the whole idea behind a porch trailer...to cook on the porch?

Just curious, but why do you roll the smoker off the trailer to cook? I thought that was the whole idea behind a porch trailer...to cook on the porch?

I will cook on the porch most of the time but wanted the option for more room.

How long is the trailer? My back doors look bigger than yours which might be why shocks broke because of too much weight

Mine is 22' long. The axles are both 3500 lbs. It tows like a dream. I brought it back from Houston to San Antonio last weekend with no problems even on some really bumpy sections of I-10.

Here are some interior shots!

Attachments

• IMG_3942.jpg
    IMG_3942.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_3943.jpg
    IMG_3943.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3944.jpg
    IMG_3944.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3945.jpg