View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #8
VTMeatsBBQ
Got rid of the matchlight.

Arrow the story continues..and a question..

I'm a little upset because I tried to post this before and for some reason it disappeared.

SmittyJonz and Twelveguagepump I'm really inspired by both of your designs, and Smittyjonz I wish I had collected an air compressor tank in the past. I think I had the chance to get one once. Your design is really clean and it looks well balanced.

My question for this post. Is there a thread here on the basics of air flow through your smoker\BBQ grill?

I did some work on my trailer today by tearing it down to find problems, and find problems I did. Every hidden nut was trashed. Most of them were old square nuts and some were rusted right down to the bolt. There wasn't more than a 32nd of an inch left. The metal itself is in very good condition. The rubber looks rough and I will have to replace it if I can get to it.

I am posting two pictures. The first I call the heart of the trailer. In the second picture I have replaced the leveler plate, or load bearing plate if you prefer. (I don't know the exact name) After I have cut off the tie down loops someone welded on, I think I can measure it up properly to plan a good base. With a balanced design, some new parts, and some TLC, I can see this trailer going for a many more years.

When I got this trailer it had a larger tube over the one you see, extending the coupler out a few more feet. This trailer has handled a lot, so I hope my design will do it justice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GrillBeginings_005rs.jpg (140.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg GrillBeginings_009rs.jpg (52.9 KB, 46 views)