Dumpster dive of the year!

dupemaster

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My neighbor has known I've been keeping an eye out for a webber lid for one of my uds for some time now.

Well, tonight the knock came.

I'm laid up after a double hernia repair yesterday so my wife went to answer the door he said he found a webber in the dumpster and grabbed the lid for me when I'm feeling better. I asked my wife to go take a look for me to see if the rest was in good shape.

It is in great shape!

20F00B3D-A98C-495B-8FEB-F0319884E7AD-700-0000014B9DEE466A_zps2bef18a1.jpg

908322C4-446A-4B99-BA15-2A85E578641B-700-0000014B9555015B_zpsa3caf53f.jpg

I'm now torn as I don't have a webber for grilling but I want to cut the top of the body to make a lid for the uds... What to do what to do?

good find..i believe I'd have to keep the weber in one piece and find another lid

Nice, but if it came with a bottle of lighter fluid, an electric starter and a chimney it might qualify.

Your neighbor on the other hand RAWKS!

Get well soon!

its a three wheeler. that means it needs to cleaned up and used as is. use a lid off one that has been ruined by misuse. would be a terrible injustice to ruin this one !

Clean 'er up and use as a kettle. Kinda sacrilege to cut up a Weber IMO

Another vote to clean up and use as is! I put a 2" SS band around the inside of my drum and left maybe 1/2" above the lip and my lid fits fine no cutting up a good grill either!

I had a 3 wheeler that I restored to sell. I couldn't even get $20 for it. I ended up giving it away to someone that didn't have a grill.

If you want to make a UDS, do it. You would get a lot more use out of it.

I have two daisy wheel kettles. I can do low-and-slow better than my friends with the one-touch. They would love to get their hands on one. Save it, it looks in better shape than either of mine. With the metal band idea you can have the best of both worlds.

Here's the lid.
Cant wait to cook on it. Probably gonna do something wed or so when I'm on my feet a bit more.

Im with dadsr4 use the metal band on your UDS and you can use the lid for both atleast till you find a another lid

Soon as the wife gets home with some coal I'm gonna grill up some chicken!

I'm keeping it in one piece!

C53338A6-374C-4275-BE8E-A55EC544F3FF-645-00000149903E4D39_zpsd7e28c75.jpg

Back