• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Building a 42" Brick Pizza Oven & Grill.

SOOOOO jealous.

Amazing. It continues to get better and better! :thumb:

Thank you guys. Really appreciate it. I was planning on firing the oven for mothers day and cooking a bunch of stuff but i dont ill make it. Life gets so busy.

It's absolutely gorgeous V. Congrats on an amazing build. I agree regarding natural materials vs. concrete, especially where heat is concerned.

Now the hard part is slowly doing small fires to dry it out and condition it. Took me more than a week, building multiple fires a day.

Looks great V! :thumb:
Are you planning a final render coat or are you just painting the stucco?

If I recall you have already broke the 600 deg mark for curing, have you done the BSF (big scary fire) yet? You should be ready to start making pies!

Trust me on this, you will become addicted to cooking in it!!

The weather is finally giving us a break here, so once we get back from vacation I will be hard down on my project as well.

BRAVO!!

Now the hard part is slowly doing small fires to dry it out and condition it. Took me more than a week, building multiple fires a day.

Hey J, thats already done, if you go back a few pages you will see my curing fires, it took me 2+ weeks but not firing it every single day.

Looks great V! :thumb:
Are you planning a final render coat or are you just painting the stucco?

If I recall you have already broke the 600 deg mark for curing, have you done the BSF (big scary fire) yet? You should be ready to start making pies!

Trust me on this, you will become addicted to cooking in it!!

The weather is finally giving us a break here, so once we get back from vacation I will be hard down on my project as well.

BRAVO!!

Thank man...

It will be stucco but with a twist, stay tunned till the weekend and you will see what that is.

Ive gotten up to 750f so no scary fire yet. I wanted to insulate first that way it would equalize the heat.

I cant wait to start making some pies man. Post pics when you do get back.

Looking forward to seeing your "twist"...

I would encourage you to do some more fires before finishing the dome even the BSF.
If you got 750 go for it and get it to temp, it takes a lot more than you would think the first couple times.
You want it completely happy or there may be some movement yet resulting in more cracks...
I made two render coats and hopefully have all the minor cracking out of the way so the last two can go on.

I will be posting soon on both the build threads.
It finally warmed up here but now have only had four days or so in a row without rain.:mmph:

Looking forward to seeing your "twist"...

I would encourage you to do some more fires before finishing the dome even the BSF.
If you got 750 go for it and get it to temp, it takes a lot more than you would think the first couple times.
You want it completely happy or there may be some movement yet resulting in more cracks...
I made two render coats and hopefully have all the minor cracking out of the way so the last two can go on.

I will be posting soon on both the build threads.
It finally warmed up here but now have only had four days or so in a row without rain.:mmph:

I will do more fires, and cook in it, the 2nd coat will be the final coat, or maybe the 3rd/finish coat will be the finish, i wont paint the stucco just yet, but the cracking definetly has taken place, and even if there is more cracking the insulation plays as the expansion joint. So the stucco wont see the crack from the dome cracking anymore.

Some update from this past weekend, finished the stucco dome, installed the BBQ door and cleaned up the area a bit.

2zyeot2.jpg

My little twist on the finish of the dome with bricks

307npub.jpg

11t3f6b.jpg

Colored smooth stucco finish

fdyey0.jpg

polishing/smoothing out the finish

1hwao4.jpg

One side done

6gyb6g.jpg

4ku53d.jpg

The bricks were acid washer, it came out very nice, cleans it up real well

2zflqux.jpg

Wow!! Love watching this come together. Awesome thread!!

Looks awesome! Can't wait to buy a house so I can do these. Landlords tend to not like you messing with their yards.

Back